Happy Monday #lockslovers!
Here’s a little something to pick you up after this Monday-ish Monday! 😉 I call this one the Mermaid Rocker because you have long flowy mermaid hair on one side and an edgy rocker style on the other! Perfect for those days where your feeling pretty and girly but then quickly snap into action to rule the world…. you know, a typical Monday! Click here to see my youtube tutorial for this style now or wait until you scroll to the bottom because it’s linked there too!
WHERE TO WEAR THIS STYLE:
I LOVE this hairstyle for any type of fun event! I think it’s gorgeous for dances like Homecoming or Winter Formal, because you get to have one side of your hair down and polished curls for pictures, but you also have a fun & edgy side as well (hence the “mermaid rocker”). This is also a go-to hairstyle for concerts of all types of music, but it works especially well for R&B & Hip Hop shows – think Riri or Beyonce! In my opinion, this style has a total glammed up feel to it, so wear it whenever you need an extra boost!
SUPPLIES YOU’LL NEED:
- HAIRSPRAY – (GLL product choice: REDKEN QUICK DRY 18)
- THERMAL IRON PROTECTANT – (GLL product choice: BAIN DE TERRE THERMAL IRON PROTECTOR)
- TEASING COMB – (GLL product choice: CRICKET AMPED UP TEASING BRUSH)
- CURLING IRON/ROD – (GLL product choice:Nume Style 25mm wand)
- BOBBY PINS & AN ELASTIC RUBBER BAND – (GLL product choice: SCUNCI)
HOW TO GET THE BASIC DUTCH BRAID:
Here are some written instructions that you can use, if you need a little extra help while watching the tutorial.
- Grab a small section of hair from the front of your head.
- Split that small section of hair into three, even strands.
- Take the outside right strand under the middle strand.
- Take the outside left strand under the middle strand.
- Section off a new piece of hair (just like you did in the first step). Add the top half of that piece into the outside left strand, and the bottom half into the outside right strand.
- With your newly formed three strands, take the outside right one under the middle, and then the outside left strand under the middle.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 until you run out of hair and then continue the braid down to the bottom (right strand under middle, left strand under middle.
Here are some additional pictures of this mermaid rocker hairstyle as well as the tutorial/video linked at the bottom! Hope you LOVE this look as much as I do – let me know what you think! 🙂