Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Happy Hanukkah! I hope this hair wreath makes you smile during whatever special time you and your loved ones are celebrating this season.
WHERE TO WEAR THIS STYLE:
You can obviously wear this festive style whenever and wherever you’d like because I think it’s perfect for the holiday season. This style in particular looks really neat and elegant from the front and side, because you only see the fun wreath from the back! It can be worn to family or friend gatherings, holiday costume parties such as an Ugly Sweater Party, boat parades, meeting Santa, etc.!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS STYLE:
- THICKER RUBBER BAND (GLL product choice: SCUNCI )
- BOBBY PINS (GLL product choice: SCUNCI no-slip grip bobby pins)
- HAIR BRUSH (GLL product choice, not pictured: TANGLE TEEZER)
- SPRAY BOTTLE (GLL product choice: GOSSIP GIRLS TEAL) Fill with water for temporary hold or hairspray for long lasting.
- CHRISTMAS WREATH DECORATIONS (GLL product choice: I bought this Ugly Sweater Kit at Big Lots for $6. They also sell these kits at Target, Nordstroms Rack, or MANY different places online. The fun part is to BE CREATIVE! You can use anything you already have in your craft drawer at home, such as puff balls, ribbon, bows, felt, beads, pipe cleaners etc.! I would love to see what you come up with, so make sure to use the hashtag #goldilonglocks)
- BUN FORMER (GLL product choice: I actually got my bun former from H&M in the mall for a couple bucks. If you are ordering online, amazon has a lot of great choices. Keep in mind, they sell different colors for light and dark hair….I use both.
Below is a STEP-BY-STEP guide, along with the link to watch my youtube tutorial!
1) Start with your hair in a mid height ponytail – right at the top of your ears. Use your brush to make it as smooth as you would like.
2) Place your donut bun former around the ponytail. Make sure it’s brushed through, tangle free.
2) Use a spray bottle (with water, or hairspray for a better hold) to wet and hold down all of the baby hairs. This will ensure a sleek, clean ponytail.
2) Spread your hair out to cover the bun former like so. If you are doing this on yourself if works best to do it with your head looking down.
2) Starting on the bottom right, split the hair in half and start swooping the right side up, tucking it under the bunformer.
Keep swooping around and tucking under until you run out of hair.
2) Keep swooping around and tucking under until you run out of hair.
2) Use as many bobby pins as you need to secure the ends down. If you have thicker hair, bigger bobby pins work much better,
2) At this point you can grab your decorations and have fun being creative with your wreath!
2) Here’s the finished product!
To see more of this style, make sure to watch the tutorial on my Goldilonglocks Youtube channel!
Noella Van de Voorde