Another tutorial is up on my youtube channel! This tutorial is how to do the Dutch Lace Crown braid & the Dutch Lace Crown Flower Bun. Doing the dutch braid may seem overwhelming, but it’s actually quite simple once you get the hang of it. Practice in the mirror over and over again and I PROMISE YOU, one time, the braid is going to come out perfect and you’ll be like”……..wait a second? Did I really just do that?!” It’s all about the muscle memory!!
Here are a few important tips/elements of the braid. First, since it’s a lace braid, that basically means we are only going to be adding hair into one side of the braid instead of both sides. Second, Since it’s a Dutch braid, that means that you will be crossing the outside strands under the middle strand, instead of over the middle strand (like in a french braid). Lastly, make sure to pull the braid tight and up high on your head as you braid and add hair in. Also make sure you are braiding towards the back of the room. This will ensure that your braid wraps around your head to combine with the other braid, without having any bumps.
There are only two things you absolutely need for this style:
- ELASTIC RUBBER BANDS (GLL product choice: SCUNCI clear elastics)
- BOBBY PINS (GLL product choice: SCUNCI no-slip grip bobby pins)
Here are a few products you will want to enhance this look:
- HAIRSPRAY (GLL product choice: BAMBOO UPLIFTING HAIRSPRAY)
- TEXTURIZING SPRAY OR TAFFY (GLL product choice: EVA NYC SURF’S UP TEXTURE SPRAYor KENRA TEXTURIZING TAFFY)
- THERMAL IRON PROTECTANT (GLL product choice: BAIN DE TERRE THERMAL IRON PROTECTOR)
- HAIR BRUSH (GLL product choice: TANGLE TEEZER)
- CURLING IRON/ROD (GLL product choice: HOT TOOLS 3/4″ iron OR Nume Style 25mm wand)
WHERE TO WEAR THIS BRAID:
This braid is perfect for anywhere that you want to feel special. This reminds me of a princess braid and every time I wear it it makes me feels so styled and ready for the day. I think it’s perfect look for back to school style – go back turning heads and feeling confident! It also keeps the hair out of your face while still down and pretty. Other ideas are for birthday parties, weddings, or out to brunch.
Below are some additional pictures of both hairstyles, along with the link to watch my youtube tutorial!
Noella Van de Voorde