The Side Dutch Braid –
Simple, classic, and one of my go-to hair styles. When you’re only wearing one braid, it’s an easy way to make it show from the front, looking straight on.
This braid can be worn anywhere – work, class, brunch, a night out….BUT keep in mind that this hair is one of my favorite styles for the end of my wash cycle – meaning it does wonders for “hiding”/making greasy hair look fly. The 180 pro teaseless volumizing powder shake is essential for creating a lot of volume and hold in the hairstyle.
SUPPLIES YOU’LL NEED:
- ZOTOS 180 PRO TEASELESS VOLUMIZING POWDER SHAKE
- SMALL ELASTIC BAND
- OPTIONAL: Curling Iron to wave your whispies
HOW TO GET THE BASIC DUTCH BRAID:
Here are some written instructions that you can use, if you need a little extra help while watching the tutorial.
- Make sure your hair is brushed through and your Teaseless Volumizing Powder Spray is on hand.
- Start with a deep part on one side – my part is on the right so the braid will be on my left shoulder.
- Spray the 180 Pro powder shake throughout the crown for targeted lift.
- Bring all your hair onto one side of your shoulder and split a small section of hair right by the front of your head into three, even strands.
- Take the outside right/back strand under the middle strand, then the left front strand under the middle.
- Add hair – from the back/top of your head – into the back strand and once again bring it under the middle strand.
- Do the same thing with the front strand, adding hair from the front of the head, and taking the newly formed strand under the middle.
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 until you run out of hair and then continue the braid down to the bottom (right strand under middle, left strand under middle.)
Here are some additional pictures of this hairstyle as well as the tutorial/video linked at the bottom! 🙂
Noella Van de Voorde